Comfortable country living in a tranquil setting has never been more accessible and breathtakingly beautiful. Zebra Country Lodge is hidden away in a lush bushveld setting, exuding a distinct country feeling. This 400 hectare nature reserve is located only a thirty minutes’ drive north-east of Pretoria, bordering Dinokeng Game Reserve, the first free-roaming big 5 residential game reserve in Gauteng. Zebra boasts three lodges, each with its own distinct ambience and features. Guests can expect crystal blue skies, gurgling streams and a variety of general game.
The luxury accommodation and executive suites are set in the perfectly manicured gardens, offering splendid views of the far-off hills. Mountain Lodge is complemented by rock features and bubbling streams. The lodge offers en-suite double or twin rooms. Total number of rooms: 26
The breath-taking scenery at Zebra Stables is bound to mesmerize guests. You can also pay a visit to the Ndebele Cultural Village and the Shebeen where themed events and corporate functions are held. Revel in the countryside setting and scenic bushveld surroundings. The rooms are decorated with an authentic African theme, reflecting the African culture and tones of the bushveld. Total number of rooms: 20
Bush Lodge offers thatched accommodation in a natural setting, surrounded by lush indigenous trees, typical of the region. The lodge offers an informal dining area and boma and boasts conference facilities and a swimming pool. En-suite double or twin rooms are available. All other facilities Zebra Country Lodge has to offer guests are situated in close proximity. Total number of rooms: 15
Zebra Country Lodge Specials
Wedding Venues in a Nutshell
Weddings in the Countryside
|The Hide||Shebeen||Bush Lodge|
|Bush Venue||Marquee Tent||Stables|
- A hands-on wedding coordinator will be assigned to you on confirmation of your booking and assist with all your wedding arrangements on-site.
- We will supply you with a “preferred supplier” list of the very best in the industry.
- The bride and groom will be invited back to spend their one year anniversary at their wedding venue as a special treat on a complimentary Bed and Breakfast basis. This includes complimentary champagne and romantic treats. When you get married at one of our properties you are automatically part of our Wedding & Anniversary Club where you will enjoy various benefits like discounts on accommodation, food and beverage purchases and activities when you visit any one of our properties. You and your spouse will also receive exclusive invitations to Legend Hospitality Group’s events and are invited to annual events for all Weddings.
- Standard inclusions.
Book an appointment with our wedding consultant or forever hold your peace. Give our consultant a call or send an email and she will come and see you, bringing along answers to your questions, fact sheets and picture-perfect photos.
Tel: 012 443 6700
Each lodge is complemented by a bar, restaurant and boma.
|Zebra Stables||Max 150 guests|
|The Hide||Max 160 guests|
|Sunset Boma||Max 150 guests|
|The Shebeen||Max 200 guests|
|Ndebele Village||Max 60 guests|
|Bush Lodge Boma||Max 60 guests|
Zebra caters to all your individual needs and is the perfect setting for that 50th birthday party, second honeymoon or family function.
Zebra is one of the top country conferencing venues of choice. The lodge also offers a variety of teambuilding activities from approved suppliers.
|Zebra Room – Mountain Lodge||Max 120 pax|
|Indaba Room – Mountain Lodge||Max 60 pax|
|The Stables – Stables Lodge||Max 300 pax|
|Bush Room – Bush Lodge||Max 100 pax|
- Nature Drive
- Bush Walks & Hiking
- Massage Therapies
- Outdoor Chess
- Spa Treatments
- Big 5 Game Drive in Dinokeng Reserve
- Horse Riding (Book 48hrs in advance)
- Hot Air Ballooning (Book 48hrs in advance)
Cultural Village & Shebeen
- Authentic Ndebele Cultural Village
- Marimba Band
- Interactive Drumming
- Curio Shop
2018 / 2019 Rates
|Zebra Country Lodge – Mountain Lodge, Stables Lodge, Bush Lodge|
01 Nov 2018 – 30 April 2019
01 Sept 2019 – 31 Oct 2019
01 May 2019 – 31 August 2019
Bed & Breakfast
Max 2 adults + 2 children under 12yrs
|Per Person Sharing||Single Room||Children 03-11 years||Per Person Sharing||Single Room||Children 03-11 years|
Bush Lodge, Stables Lodge & Mountain lodge
R573 KwaMhlanga Road,
Tel: +27 (0) 12 443 6700
Fax: +27 (0) 12 361 5674
Directions to Zebra Country Lodge
Travel on the N1 North (Polokwane) highway through Pretoria East. Take the R513 Wonderboom/ Zambezi/ Cullinan turn-off (Exit 152). At the first traffic light turn right towards Cullinan. Travel 1,2 km to the next traffic light. Turn left on the R573 KwaMhlanga road. Continue for 29,6 km. On your way you will pass the Roodeplaat Dam and the Kloof General Dealer on your right. As the road bends to the right, you will notice a Zebra Country Lodge signboard on your left. Turn left onto this gravel road. Follow the Zebra Country Lodge signs for 2,7 km to the main entrance on your right-hand side.